Here are some excerpts from the report that best describe Ivy Lodge as a care home:
- At our last inspection we found the service to be outstandingly caring. At this inspection, we found this continued to be the case. Staff were exceptionally compassionate and kind. We observed numerous caring interactions between staff and people who used the service. It was evident positive relationships had been formed and staff knew people extremely well. Staff used this knowledge to provide a personalised service and enhance people's wellbeing. Throughout our inspection, we saw staff payed great attention to detail when supporting people, in order to ensure they felt valued and respected. We heard comments between staff and people which demonstrated the mutually high regard with which they held each other.
- The service was safe and people were protected from harm. Care workers were knowledgeable about safeguarding adults from abuse and knew what to do if they had any concerns and how to report them. There were sufficient staff to meet the needs of the people who used the service and care workers demonstrated they had the relevant knowledge to support people with their care.
- Training was provided regularly and updated when required. Care workers demonstrated an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and told us how they obtained consent before assisting with care. People were supported to maintain a balanced diet. People were offered choice of meals that were provided in line with their preferences.
- Care plans were extremely person-centred and comprehensive. Since the last inspection the provider and registered manager had developed the social activities for people; this was evident in the records.
- People were supported to access healthcare services and received ongoing support. Referrals to healthcare professionals were made appropriately.
- People who used the service, staff and relatives all spoke very positively about the provider and the registered manager and all expressed the positive impact their involvement had.
The customer reviews we receive from those that experience our care as residents and family members, provides another testament to our level of care and service. We also invite you to come along for a visit and see for yourself what Ivy Lodge Retirement Home is like and if it’s right for you or a family member. Send us a message or call us on 01904 760629